What could be better! Immersion in a sewing jag, surrounded by seven sweet very young rescue kittens, and wonderful girl time with my daughter. The house is destroyed, one of the primary requirements of craft bonding (though I do adhere to the Artgirls Code: Everything must be restored to order before departure.) In this case, the bathroom is destroyed as well with the bouyant and resilient biology of six kittens eating, pooping, and creating royal rumbles. The seventh kitten almost didn't survive, but now occupies the position of honor in the bedroom, being to small to rumble.
Girls have a rythm of communication that is totally different than the one in play when the men are around. I think of the canning parties of old, quilting bees, etc. When men gather, they all know the rules of the engagement. Women have their own, more intimate rules, and it seems very hard to mix the two.
I'll be on the plane tomorrow returning home, satisfied, with five new garments, and a warm glow from the quiet, easy time my daughter and I have enjoyed together.
No comments:
Post a Comment