Tuesday, January 22, 2008

First Destruction, Then Reconstruction

Sadness abounds. I am doing my best to be patient with it. My studio is a shambles. It is like having something ripped from me, but this is the way I chose. I told my art buds today that something is knocking on my soul's door, and I don't know what it is. All I know is that I have to make room for whatever it is before I can open the door and let it in.

Yes, I know that sounds like Oprah, but is the whole truth of how I feel. I am motivated to get things back in order, with a new rule: if it doesn't have a place, I can't keep it. AND, I have removed a lot of the places. I am looking around me, and despite the million Ladies Home Journal and Martha Stewart magazine articles telling you how, I don't know a single person who is able to organize their (too many) things in a more orderly way. No matter how you do it, if you give up stuff, there is going to be loss. I will sit with this in the zendo on Thursday.

1 comment:

PapaRod said...

It will surely be change for the better!