1. Here for a week, and planning a longer stay in winter, I continued the ever-exhausting and discouraging quest for help for my inflammatory body and back. We had no problem getting an appointment- apparently the back surgeons need business. Our first visit was something for a SNL skit. We'd call it "spine surgeons on speed." It was the most bizarre wham-bam-thank you mam doctor visit I have ever experienced, with the most amazing sales job for massive doses of medications that I have ever encountered. I need to write the script for this skit, but of course I don't really want to relive the experience. All that said, I am trying the new super-steroid dosage. It will be diagnostic, so I will give it a whirl for a short period so that we can learn how much of this is being caused by inflammation vs other issues that may be involved. Geez.
2. Always enviromentally scanning for housing options to deal with our desire to be closer to our children, we visited another "planned community," this one called Frisco Lakes. The sales pitch was great! The community facilities are exquisite and lush, the housing ridiculously cheap. So we went home and picked out our floorplan, then returned the next day to learn more about the sites, etc. First, we learned that the houselets are so close to each other that if you sneeze you will need to wipe your neighbor's window. Second we learned that it will be in contruction for many years to come. Third, the builders (Pulte) were not willing to modify even one single shelf of their demi-prefab construction. You need only to have seen the vast cattle ranches and flat expanses of Texas to empathize with the intense "being put out to pasture" feeling of this 55-Up sprawling complex located on the very fringes of Frisco. Sad, because the golf course location was a real attraction to Papa. There is more, of course, but won't fill the blog with this one. However we did find an even more ridiculously priced apartment on a golf course, so will give that more consideration for perhaps a month-long visit.
3. This is the good one- Papa and the kids went on a hot air balloon ride yesterday. Up, up in the air in a beautiful balloon. I missed the whole thing being flat on my back and all FUBAR, but it was a tale to tell, with pictures on their blog www.vinceandholly.blogspot.com.
4. Our friends from the Guam days are experiencing the serious illness of an elderly parent in Seattle, so we will stay on another week to house/pet sit while they tend to that. Occasionally nomads are in the right place at the right time to render some aid. We count it a blessing.
5. We are in a household of five pets. I have to admit this is very great fun. The youngbloods and their animals are always great fun.
6. A warning to all: Do NOT play Monopoly with Holly unless you play to kill.
That's the news that's fit to print.
1 comment:
I already played to Kill and Creigh is getting the hang of it too. Let Auntie Holly bring it on. I can see the bloodbath now.
Post a Comment