Another great pottery workshop (Richard Notkin) gives me the occasion to try something I have never done before, but have always dreamed. First, all of my clay-making neurons were filled to the max by Vince Pitelka two weeks ago, so I very hesitantly dropped out of the Notkin workshop (except for a brief lurk during the mold-making demo). Therefore all the pottery buds are in the studio, and I am home alone using my creative cooking neurons. The non-attending potters cooked during Vince, so now I get a turn.
My great experiment is going to be tamales. I am going to try a vegan version, something I have always daydreamed and will try today. For the real version, check
www.sonofthesouth.net. This is the true tamale (minus the lard, plus the corn oil). These things are glorious to eat, and a true taste of a family-style fiesta in the southwest.
Now I am going to cook, and I will report on the results and my vegan recipe after ten or so potters give them a proper critique.
No comments:
Post a Comment