Sunday, November 4, 2007

Empty Mind

In Lana's workshop, we are working on boxes, selecting themes or images that are meaningful to us. I used to love to do this kind of work. There was so much pent up in me- everything internal that was being plowed under by the daily imperatives of child rearing, landholding, breadwinning.

Being asked to do this for the first time in a long time, I find no such imagery to work out any more. It has all been gotten out for now. Instead, it was fully engaging to make works of art for my children, employing images that reflect some aspect of their lives that they have shared with me, or that I perceive.

I have not done this before, make intentional art for my children. Have been hesitant, worried perhaps that either they would find it invasive, or worse, simply not care. I have decided to become more fearless in this regard. It was quite a freeing experience in the studio, very engaging. Glorious.

No comments: