This is a "must read and re-read" article for me as I continue to work on creating a better life by creating a better set of habits. It is an article from the New York Times on using the principles of advertising to create new habits. The title is "Warning: Habits may be Good for You."
The point is brilliant. I am considering the possibilities! Instead of telling myself things I should do, or even would like to do, I can just use my imagination as if it were the advertising I encounter at every turn. I could imagine the desired result, framing it as an ad executive would. I could play that "ad" in my head until I created the desire to adopt the new habit, all the while taking on new behaviors that would make the new habit possible.
I am the rat, learning from the trainer how to train myself. This is truly letting my brain work for me instead of me working for my brain.
No comments:
Post a Comment