The mother and father of all funky foods, Ray and Nancy Landfair, have once again shown their stripes. We went to visit their completely hand-built house today. Ray is the king of sourdough bread, Nancy the Pickle Queen. Their beautiful organic farm was resplendent, with a focal point- Nancy's exercise ball- upon which she weeds and cultivates in whatever position her uncooperative body will assume.
Sitting in the kitchen were two glass sun tea jars containing without a doubt, the funkiest food I have ever seen. It was their home-made kombucha, brewing its hundredth or more batch of tea.
Thrilled, I told Ray of my daughter and son-in-law's recent affinity for this semi-sparkly tart drink, and Ray immediately insisted that I take half of the mother back to Seattle with instructions on how to make the cheapest and easiest kombucha with Ray's hand-cultured "mushroom." So Ray's "mushroom" will accompany me on the plane Saturday, to be nurtured until the family returns from California. By then the well traveled microbes will have already brewed their first glass of K.
No comments:
Post a Comment