As I move through life, I am guided by the faces on my angel wall. This is my name for the gallery of pictures I have in my mind of those who have died. The gallery gets larger and larger as I go on.
It is an interesting experience. These faces are cues to all of the stories that make up my identity in this world. The older I get, the more stories there are, of course. This should weigh me down, but it does not. Instead I feel lighter.
Our loved one's passing adds another face to the angel wall. This one's passing was a time of intimate completion. The stories she generated during her lifetime were often troubling and contentious. She had many wounds, and often wounded others. But the physical and emotional intimacy involved in an agonizing passage revealed much, completed much, and brought great closure to the stories.
We are resting from the work, and rejoining our lives in progress. Our children and grandchildren surround us with youthful energy which sweeps us back into life. The angel wall on one side, the effervescent chaos on the other. Sample the summer energy by checking in on the blogs I have listed on this site.
No comments:
Post a Comment