Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mindful Selling

We agreed today to meet three full hours before our art sale to set up our booth on Saturday. This is the first time I have ever decided to get up earlier so that we could move very slowly as we prepare our booth for the show. 

The goal is to enjoy every minute of it, to really breathe the whole of what is happening there. This is my only antidote for commodification. I will be exhilarated by the effort of setting up instead of resisting the work as before.

I will be in pain, and I accept that. But I will also be at the most beautiful waterside anywhere and the weather will be picture perfect. I will enjoy my partners. Many people will visit our booth, feel our pots, be momentarily delighted by our colors and textures, and this will add yet another another joyful moment in the process of making art.

Papa and I will stay at the marina hotel so that I don't have to add a long drive to either of my days, and we will enjoy the comfortable room and view. He will relax from his work while I am at work. 

I have several pieces that I am really really proud of. I have selected only the best for this show. I also will be trying something fun- a "Wonderful Widget" basket full of the many many small pieces I have made for this or that pipe dream. It is a great basket of ceramic whimsy. We'll see what happens with that. 

No comments: