I am having a familiar experience today. Have surfed the web many hours trying to find a place to stay while exploring the Big Island on a family trip. With cost as no object, I cannot find any place I would rather be than where I am right now, or where I will be next week.
Hungry for adventure in my youth, I went everywhere and did everything. I was the very antithesis of satisfied-definitely NOT zen. I've turned over all the rocks! The blessing of that is lack of desire now. Herein lies a big conundrum: Can we get to enlightenment/revelation without the desire/suffering that led us to seek it? The Buddha did not. So where in the practice/process is the doctrine of knocking your head against the wall? Is religion always an antidote? Can faith arise without trial?
I am grateful for not wanting to be somewhere else. I am, however, not free of wanting to pursue the spiritual conundrums. This is my life- faith, doubt, perseverance.
No comments:
Post a Comment