I reread yesterday's post and I am totally busting myself for NOT working mindfully at the Redemptorist Center. Instead, I was very engaged in a mental wank about church. Not only that, but I wasn't even aware of it then, OR when I wrote. Xeroxing, punching, and collating that could have been mindfully done, was not. It's a miracle I lasted as long as I did (3 hours).
A. That's the result of several weeks of no mindfulness practice, and B. That's why monks can sometimes practice for twenty years all day and never experience the first enlightened moment.
Church, by the way, was fine. We missed Liz, but are ready to move on. Kicked ourselves with regret, however, when we read the bulletin and learned that the meditation group was at a retreat this weekend, and we weren't with them. Out of touch.
Welp, back to the drawing board.
No comments:
Post a Comment