My son-in-law introduced me to one of the most beautiful blogs I have ever seen (in my fairly naive blog-life). Everything about it is beautiful- the blog itself, its content, and the fact that its author shares with me one of the best aspects of my life- a love for the island of Guam. To see for yourself, go to http://zenhabits.net/2008/04/the-beauty-and-culture-of-the-island-of-guam/
The blog seems to be about (among many things) self-improvement of the zen kind. A quick look reveals page after page of wisdom, which probably explains why it is so popular.
I am totally taken aback by this blog, because of the flashback it is giving me about my time on the island of Guam and how my life there indelibly transformed everything I believed and felt prior to living there. It is the second flashback this year, the first being the month we spent on the Big Island of Hawaii. A sweet piece of synchronicity.
I am also instantly attracted to this blog because as I click around its pages, I see many things that I myself have learned and experienced since I began zen/mindful practice just a few years ago. I have been trying to write about these things, but have not come even close to what the blog's author. Leo Baubauta, has accomplished.
Thanks, Mark. I am passing the favor on.
No comments:
Post a Comment