Friday, December 14, 2007

Dog Chew for Intellectual Wankers

Now I know what koan practice is! It is a nice rawhide chew for intellectual wankers such as myself. This practice is going much better for me than breath meditation. My mind can sit for hours and hours, gnawing away at the koan, just like Foxy the chihuahua, who if not so occupied, would be idling all around the house, looking for trouble.

The aurora borealis of thoughts that occur around the koan are shimmering and ephemeral. And, an intrusive thought from my brutish daily life stands out like a stray among AKC's. So much the easier to abandon on sight.

I hardly dared to say this, knowing that not all sits ahead will be as glowing as the one I had last night.

Caution from Roshi: "There are no "as if's" in this business." I must remember this. I have no idea what he meant.

No comments: