Watched the continuing primaries. Speeches: Hil rolls up her sleeves and rolls out a few elements of an actual plan; Obama continues to wax poetic, effectively, and I hope he starts to sketch out a plan soon, as well. McCain continues a defensive posture (well, I guess to conserve is by it's nature defensive), and tries for some poetry of his own.
At my age, I've seen it all before. Interesting, though. I see subsets of primary voters. The politically active: caucusees, players, chits being called, and on down the line. Then there is the less involved public which relies on incidental characteristics such as gender, skin color, etc. and illusions created in the media, or things like who your friend voted for. It is a vibrant process, to be sure, one which evidences the termite mound that we are as a species.
With some detachment and far less cynicism, I am enjoying it. Learning a lot as I go, for in the past, I will confess to being much more of the latter type of voter than the former. I will savor the energy before it all goes negative. At my age I've seen that, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment