Getting ready to fly home after a hectic but satisfying visit with kids and grandkids. Gratitude abounds for the merciful weather and our very commodious rental house. Sweetest moment: chicken soup lovingly prepared for us with dietary needs in mind.
I am continuing to ponder keeping my efforts in line with my priorities. One of Roshi's first talks always echoes in my mind- "Do not work for your [busy, chaotic] brain; with discipline, your brain works for you.
It is a struggle to stay out of reactive mode when surrounded by busy-ness. What are my priorities? Nurture a resilient biology (1), maintain a spiritual center (2), so I can give energy to family relationships (3), and participate as it is possible in my immediate community (4).
When we arrive home we face a big new set of demands on our time, a parent with dementia. We must analyze how we are spending our time in light of our priorities, and will possibly have to set a few precedents as a consequence, such as hiring assistance. Also for me, more discipline about mindfulness. It's that or drugs, and I'm still choosing awareness over the drugs whenever it is possible.
Where is mu? I am swimming in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment