"Love is a decision, not a feeling."
I can see that it is good to let the clock and the calendar make the decision to spend time and activity together in order to stay connected in a relationship. Mood, tiredness, busyness, impulsiveness, basic incompatibility due to being individuals with different interests- these kinds of things get in the way of the intention to spend time together.
In our case, we have a better shot at it if we plan ahead in a clear moment, and then rely on the calendar, the clock, and whatever self-discipline we can muster. How are we doing? Not very well. We need a tune-up.
2 comments:
Amen Sistah! I am more and more aware each day, as I get older, that love IS a decision. When we were young, our feelings were fueled by our hormones and they fooled us into many illusions about love. But as our bodies settle down with age, the true spirit of our human nature can be heard more clearly. As the Native Americans frame it....the older we get, the closer we get to our creator. And so, we can begin to catch glimpses of the true nature of love.
I surprise myself every day by the ways that I can exercise "mind over matter" love. It does lack the excitement of passion, but it does provide much more sustaining nourishment for the soul.
Your five days of silence will be of great interest to me once you re-enter the world of speech. Call me.
Love, Auntie
Well, it is a correction we have had to apply many, many times. We have here a confirmed bachelor married to a herd of cats. You get the picture.
Post a Comment